I’m not talking about those annoying as hell, flash-powder-filled paper tubes that church groups and high school cheer squads sell on the fourth of July. I’m talking about a cannabis edible known as a “firecracker.” Why is it called this? Fire is another term for good bud and cracker is well, a just a regular cracker. Get it?
Most recipes call for peanut butter, graham crackers or saltines and of course weed. I’ve eaten plenty of plane firecrackers made with peanut butter on graham crackers and let me just say that they all tasted like shit. In fact they were so bad that I could hardly eat them. So, I started tweaking the recipe, and I feel that I have developed a reasonable palatable recipe for making them.
What you’ll need:
- Weed; You won’t have much luck without this one folks.
- Peanut butter; I prefer Adams. You can use whatever the hell you please.
- Butter; Like from cows.
- Cinnamon graham crackers; spring for the name brand if you like, but avoid sugar-free unless you are severely diabetic.
- Sugar; I like to use raw cane sugar because it makes me feel better about eating sugar.
- Aluminum foil
How to proceed:
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Start with about 0.3 grams of bud and grind it up really fine. Coffee grinders, scissors and herb grinders work well for this step.
- Add about 1 tbsp of peanut butter, about 1 tsp of butter and a pinch of sugar.
- Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Break a cinnamon graham cracker in half and spread the bud-butter mixture evenly on the non-cinnamon side of the graham cracker.
- On the other half of the graham cracker, spread a thin layer of Nutella.
- Put the two halves together to make a sandwich. Wrap the sandwich in aluminum foil and place in the oven. Cook for 30 minutes at 325 F. After you have cooked the firecracker, place it in the freezer for a few minutes to speed up the cooling process.
- Don’t get carried away; I eat one of these every day, and 0.3 grams is fine for me. I would start there before you decide to take it to the next level and eat a whole gram at once. I did this before I saw Inglorious Bastards and to make a long story short, it was a big mistake. Very intense.
- Foil will help prevent the cracker from being burnt
- Don’t mix the Nutella in with everything else, it tastes odd.
- Eat on an empty stomach and wash it down with some milk if you aren’t lactose intolerant/a wimp.